Tuesday 4 February 2014

Was I Right...

Back in May 2013, I made a few predictions as to what I thought would happen with the Thomas and Friends series - primarily which engines would return. I referred to the models that were on display at Nitrogen as a basis for my theories, and it seems that I was right to do so.

Oliver I am most proud of. With the recent release of the trailer for Tale Of The Brave, we all now know that GWR Number 11 is indeed returning to the series.
And although not on display in Canada, favouring Thomas' homeland, Harvey did also return after temporarily disappearing from his current home at Drayton Manor.

So what next?

Personally, I still strongly suspect that Molly will return yet, if just to add to the female presence in the series. She was a character that never really had a chance to shine, like so many of her era, but had potential based on the episode we saw. I reckon that the current writing team could do a lot with an engine like Molly who lacks the confidence that others have, but has a strong heart.


I also heard that Stepney went missing from Drayton too for a short while. Whilst the jury is still out on this one, if there is a slither of truth hidden in its shadows, I personally would be ecstatic to see the return of this Bluebell engine. Again, some interesting stories could be written about his ventures between Sodor and his home turf, and would make a nice occasional to look forward to. He wouldn't have to be present constantly, just now and again.

As for other characters, only time will tell. We'd all love to see our favourites return, but it's impossible to have everyone AND add to the fleet as well. Personally, I'd like to see some more road characters return, such as Terence and Elizabeth, just to represent the non-rail side of the island that seems to be so vastly forgotten at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment