Sunday 21 April 2013

A New Railway

For those who have been following my Twitter and Facebook lately, you may be well aware that I have been building a new model railway layout.

It's been steady progress over the last month or two since I began work and it is now complete (As complete as any model railway can be, which isn't much...)

The layout measures roughly 4ftx5ft in size and sits about 3ft off the ground, and has been designed for exhibitions with children in mind. For those who remember my other layout Stepney Down, when I took that to shows I was often asked if I had or knew of a Thomas layout for booking. Couple this with the attention caught when Thomas appeared on Stepney Down, I saw a gap in the market and have dived in to it. Already I have one confirmed booking and one potential booking, and it has only been completed a week! The show in question is the Shoeburyness Festival Of Hobbies in November of this (pending) and next (confirmed) year.

I won't lie- it's been an awkward build as the first track put down became warped when ballasted, which mean it all needed to be relaid. There have been a few other little issues too, but I won't go into those. Suffice to say, the work has paid off and I'm proud of the final result.

Here are some of the promotional photos taken of the layout, and a link to the promotional videos too.

Until Next Time, don't forget to eat that cheese. (Unless it's mouldy, in which case throw it away and get more.)

TRI











No comments:

Post a Comment